Frequently Asked Questions by Members
If you still have questions after reading this information, please contact state headquarters at 480-941-5258
1. I received an email/postcard/phone call from a company asking for my personal information and a story about Arizona VFW. Tell me more about the project.
We have partnered with PCI (also known as Publishing Concepts) to produce an Oral History Publication for Arizona VFW. PCI is a family owned business based in Dallas, TX that has published directories for educational institutions, fraternities, sororities, and military organizations across the nation for over 100 years. This project allows us to hear about your personal experiences from your time at Arizona VFW and how the organization helped to shape your life since then. And, while we have you on the phone, we want to make sure your contact information is up to date.
2. Does Arizona VFW benefit from this at all?
Yes, in a few different ways:
3. How do I know my information will only be used for Oral History Project purposes?
PCI is committed to protecting your information. The names, addresses and information provided to PCI for the publication of the Oral History Project will be held confidential by PCI, except to the extent that they are utilized in, or in the preparation of, the Oral History Project and except as required by court order or law.
4. I would like to verify or update my information and share a story. How may I do this?
5. How can I participate if I am hearing or speech impaired?
If you would like to participate and are hearing or speech impaired, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. PCI will send you a personalized link for you to share your written story and photo.
6. Can I choose what information prints in the publication?
The only information that is included in the publication is your name, highest rank, and branch of service, along with your story and photo. No contact information is printed. When you call to update your contact information, it will only be used to update your member record for the organization. You may revoke consent for your story and/or photo to appear any time before August 18, 2023 by contacting PCI’s customer service helpdesk at 1-800-982-1590 / email@example.com.
7. I updated my information but need some more time to think about what experience to share.
You can call back at any time before August 18, 2023 to share your story.
8. I shared a story and the representative said I could send a photo. How do I do this?
You will receive an email with a link to upload one photo (black and white or color) plus a caption.
If you have also purchased a book but do not have an email address on file, you will be sent a photo mailer to send a physical photo in to be printed (note: the photo will be returned if you include a self-addressed, stamped envelope).
9. Can anyone purchase a book?
The Arizona VFW Oral History Publication is available for sale only to Arizona VFW members.
10. When will I receive my book?
The total duration of the Oral History Project is about 12-14 months. Since we began the project in February 2023, the books will be distributed in February-April 2024.
11. I ordered a book / package over the phone and would like to cancel my order. How do I do this?
Contact PCI’s customer service helpdesk at 1-800-982-1590 and they will take care of this for you.